Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to entries submitted for the IET India Scholarship Award, 2021 administered by Institution of Engineering and Technology,
India (“IET”) which is an annual award to reward creativity, innovation, excellence and leadership potential among engineering students of India (“Scholarship Award”).
By submitting your entry for the Scholarship Award you agree to be bound by the below Terms and Conditions:
- Eligibility Criteria – To be eligible for the Scholarship Award, applicants must be students of first, second, third or fourth year full time B.Tech programmes in India.
There is no age restriction for submitting entries for the Scholarship Award.
IET members and non-members are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Guidelines for all entries for the Scholarship Award are as follows:
- Must be a student of a degree programme such as B. Tech, B.E. etc. in any branch of engineering in an AICTE/UGC approved institutions and national institutions;
- Must have cleared all regular credit courses in a single attempt;
- Must have at least 60% marks in aggregate for semesters cleared so far or corresponding to CGPA of at least 6.5 on a 10-point scale;
- Must have above 60% marks in 10+2 examination.
- Selection Process – Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria set out above would need to fill out and submit the online application form available upon registration.
The applicants will have to answer questions regarding their academic, extra and co-curricular and professional activities in such online application.
Cut-off scores will be calculated based on the weightages assigned to each of the questions in the online application form, including the applicant’s relative scores in their 10+2 examinations, the absence of standing arrears in examinations, their extra, co-curricular and professional activities.
Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of such cut-off scores and such shortlisted applicants will then have to take an online test on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) essentials. Based on the performance in the online test, applicants will be further shortlisted for the next round.
These second set of shortlisted applicants will then submit a digital presentation of an engineering solution to a pressing and relevant societal challenge.
The digital presentation round will be conducted in 4 (four) regions, namely north, south, east and west India. Basis this, one winner will be selected from each region to represent such region in the national final round. The applicants who make it to the national final round will be judged on their respective digital presentation to the national jury,
and their overall growth over the course of their participation in each stage the Scholarship Awards. The applicants will be assessed on the performance and improvement shown by them in each round of the Scholarship Awards.
- Scholarship Amount - The scholarship sum of Rs 5,00,000
(Indian Rupees Five Lakh Only) is a cumulative amount to be awarded collectively to all the winners across the regional and national levels.
Therefore, it does not refer to the entitlement of any single individual or group of individuals. The specific entitlement of winners of particular categories can be found at
under the head ‘Scholarships Prize Summary’.
Further, all scholarship amounts awarded must be utilized only for their intended purpose.
- Scholarship Decisions – The entire process is laid out and overseen by a panel of eminent academics. The jury panel will have final discretionary rights in awarding scholarships and all such decisions taken by them will be final and binding.
No decision of the jury panel can either be appealed or questioned by any eligible applicant.
Further, the jury panel will not be mandated to offer any reasons for not awarding scholarships to any individual or group of eligible applicants.
- Disqualification from participation and Withdrawal of Scholarship – IET reserves the right to disqualify an applicant if an application or online test is (i) submitted late or is incomplete (including not containing the information/ documents sought) or (ii) is misleading or false in terms of any of the details submitted or (iii) in terms of the answers provided in the online test, is found to be copied or plagiarized from third party sources.. Further, the IET reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship awarded to any eligible applicant and seek repayment of any monies already paid, through all legal means, if such eligible applicant (a) is found to have misled the IET (or any of its agents or representatives), about any aspect of his/her eligibility (b) if it is found that there is any discrepancy or misrepresentation in any of the documentation/information provided by such eligible applicant to IET (c) fails to observe or violates any written or oral instruction issued by the IET in relation to the scholarship or (d) is convicted of any offence involving moral turpitude.
- Representation in Marketing Collateral - In the event that any eligible applicant is shortlisted for the regional/national rounds of the Scholarship Award, by virtue of their participation in the regional/national rounds and the award ceremony, such eligible applicant gives the IET the express right to interview, photograph and/or videotape them and use such photographs, videos and/or quotations, including those submitted by the eligible applicant during the application process, in any or all of its marketing collaterals without giving any prior notice to that eligible applicant. By applying for the Scholarship Awards, all applicants agree to having their contact details stored and used for receiving marketing communications and other information from IET India. However, the contact details of the applicants shall not be shared with any third party without the prior consent of the applicants.
- Personal Information - By submitting your entry for the Scholarship Award, and filling up the online application, you consent to IET collecting, processing, storing or transmitting personal information shared by you at the time of submitting your entry for the Scholarship Award and filling in the online application. If you do not wish to provide any personal information that is being asked as part of these processes, please do not participate in the Scholarship Award.
- Force Majeure Events - The IET shall not be responsible for any delays in hosting and/or cancellation of any specific round/event of the Scholarship Awards by reason of any acts of God, civil or military authority, acts of the public enemy, war, riots, civil disturbances, insurrections, accidents, explosions, fires, pandemic, terrorist activities, acts of government, its agencies or officers, or any other similar cause, not attributable to or beyond the control of the IET.
- Changes/Amendments - The IET in its sole discretion may change the terms and conditions, selection criteria, selection process and/or withdraw or increase or decrease the scholarship amount at any time without giving any prior notice.
Any queries relating to these terms and conditions should be addressed to the IET, by emailing: [email protected]